Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WoW Talents

Time to update this blog, and hopefully keep it current this time.

WoW Talents has been released on the market for approximately 1 month. In that time, it's been downloaded ~12,000 times and received 176 ratings, with an average of 4.5 stars. Not bad at all, if I say so myself.

The current version is 2.03, which is updated to beta build 13033. I have an update ready to roll out for build 13066 (Codename Bubbles), but given that I have updated 3 times in 2 days, I think I will wait for build 13082 to be applied on cata.wowhead so I can parse the new talent data.

I should also note, I have re-implemented the parsing tools I wrote for the Cataclysm data, and it should be considerably more accurate. Hopefully that will be the last of the cut-off talent descriptions and erroneous numbers. For those of you who are curious, I parse through the javascript data files of cata.wowhead's talent calculator and spit it back out into xml files. For the original Wrath app, I parsed wowarmory's calculator, which is clearly not yet available for Cataclysm. The new tools work off Wowhead, which should allow accurate information before the updates are live on servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment